upon my word 真的
upon oath 宣誓地
I swear 我发誓
to be honest 说实话
as true as I live 千真万确
1. Upon my life, I did not expect to see you here.
我发誓,我没想到会在这里见到你。
2. Upon my life, this is the strangest thing I have ever heard.
说真的,这是我听过最奇怪的事。
3. Upon my life, he told the truth about the accident.
我可以发誓,他说的事故经过是真的。
A: Did he really finish the work alone?
A:他真的是一个人完成这项工作的吗?
B: Upon my life, he did it without any help.
B:我发誓,他确实是独自完成的,没有任何帮助。
1) An old-fashioned oath meaning 'I swear it is true'.
2) Used to emphasize sincerity or truthfulness.
3) Common in literary or dramatic English.
1. 用于强调真实性的誓言表达,相当于“我发誓”。
e.g. Upon my life, I have never lied to you.
我发誓,我从未对你撒谎。
phrase
1. An old oath used to emphasize that something is true or to express strong affirmation.
Synonym: I swear, upon my word